Laura Catherine
Laura is in honor of a sweet family who have been dear friends to me for the majority of my life, and to Robert since he met me. I love that famous quote about friendship: "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." Truly, this precious family is that to me and so much more. Catherine is in honor of her Chinese name, Jing, in that it shares the same meaning, "virtuous". I imagine we will call her Laura Cate...much like we call her sister Rachel Beth. Andrew, however, has said he will call her "Cookie".
We were blessed to receive an update on our girl today and she is doing well! She and her sister will be able to share clothes for sure. Their sizes are similar. Her orphanage said she likes to play outside and likes sleeping with a blanket. She is standing and walking with support and can say a few words. We cannot wait to get her home!
I was also so excited to meet a fabulous doctor last week! Those who know us well know we have been having a hard time with finding a doctor here in Tampa. I took Rachel Beth to a new ENT last week (she had an ear infection even with her tubes!) and we really connected with him. He was fantastic with Rachel (first time she hasn't screamed her little lungs out in a doctor's office in a long time) and he chatted with me about Laura's palate repair after we talked about Rachel's ears. For the first time since we moved here, I left feeling completely confident in our medical care and I am so thrilled to have a good doctor to see Laura when she gets home. This was one of those worries that I knew I needed to not stress over, but I was having to lay it daily at the feet of Jesus because I was nervous about bringing Laura home and disliking all the doctors I had met! This doctor, and his equally wonderful nurse and staff, are an answer to many prayers.
Our paperwork for Laura Catherine has moved from China to the U.S. government and we are awaiting approval. We are praying to travel at the end of September/early October, but that would involve the U.S. working faster than usual. We are so glad that travel is out on the near horizon and we will have our baby home soon.
I can't wait to talk to you about your sweet new baby in person! When will Laura Catherine's placement be finalized?
ReplyDeleteThe adoption will be finalized in China when I travel there, so she will be officially ours this fall. :)
Delete