Sunday, August 9, 2015

Last Days of Summer

We only have two weeks left until school starts. I can't believe the summer is almost over. We have had a summer of change with our move to Florida and the adoption excitement. It has been such a wonderful summer! Whether we were off exploring our new beaches 


Fort Desoto Park 

Watching the storm blow in at Caspersen Beach
or staying at home setting up train tracks in the kitchen, 




we were always having a good time together! So often I get the passer-by's saying things like "You have your hands full!" or more negative things like "I bet you can't wait for school to start." But, truthfully, my children (and my husband) are my favorite people and I treasure my time with them. We have so much fun together! I will miss my big boys when they head off to school!

Registering for school. 
In two weeks we will navigate through more change as William and Andrew start school at the local public school. The boys are anxious about the new school but Robert and I are hopeful that is is going to be a great year! I have been praying daily for their teachers and for their little hearts to be brave as they head into a new classroom, with all new faces. William and Andrew are best friends to each other, so just the spending of the day with new children and not each other will be something different for them. Although I will miss them, I am confident this will be a great year and am excited to be involved in their school community. 

We have lots of fun filling up our last two weeks of summer! Before we know it, the first day will be here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment