Thursday, November 5, 2015

Home!

We got home on Friday October 30 around 11:30 a.m. When Laura and I arrived to Tampa, we had been traveling for about 27 hours. The long flight from China was just that: long, but Laura did as well as any 1 1/2 year old could do on that kind of flight. I was so glad I splurged and bought her her own seat! The extra room made the flight bearable. She slept on the seat several times and sat there and snacked and played as well. I was so glad to have it.

We arrived to JFK in New York around 5:00 a.m. on Friday morning and Laura became an American citizen when we went through immigration. JFK is complete madness! We had a 3 hour lay over, but between immigration/customs and security, we didn't have much time to spare. I was so glad to be back in America! I went to the restroom and washed my face (and let the water get in my mouth!) Then we grabbed a fresh fruit and yogurt parfait (first fresh fruit or dairy in two weeks) and shared it at the gate in the few minutes we had before boarding the flight home.

Laura slept the whole way to Tampa from New York. When I got off the shuttle in Tampa, I saw my family waiting for me and the tears started! My children looked so big and grown up. And my Robert...I was just so glad to see him. My aunt and uncle came as well to greet us and my sweet neighbor (who is also a wonderful photographer) came to take a few photos for us. The photos really speak for themselves. We were so happy to be together!
The kids seeing Laura and me...I love Jacob's expression! 

Sweet Andrew





William telling his new sister all the details about his Halloween ring. Missed this boy's stories!  





I had told Robert how much I missed ice while I was in China! He had a SBX iced tea for me when I got home.
It was amazing. 



Headed home! 


Thank you for praying for us as I traveled! The trip was wonderful and hard and life changing and beautiful. I'd do it again in a heart beat...but next time, with my hubby. I'm so happy to be home!





1 comment: