Saturday, April 8, 2017

China! We are here!

After a fairly uneventful but very long 24 hours of travel, we finally arrived in Beijing around 2:30 p.m. on Friday.

We had a good night of sleep and a fabulous day today being tourists in Beijing. I still love China and am happy Robert does as well. Some pictures of our amazing day...


Spring is beautiful in Beijing! Everything is in bloom.

Beijing

Great Wall

I didn't get a good enough picture...but the steps up the wall are incredibly uneven. It was quite the hazardous workout. 


On our way to the top.


Made it to the top watch tower! Wish there wasn't so much smog...the mountains in the background would have been beautiful. 


My true feelings after climbing about 135 flights of stairs (seriously.) 


Ministry of Finance building in the background. (Haha!)



Tomorrow we will leave early to catch the bullet train to Zhengzhou. Monday is Gotcha Day. We can't wait to finally meet our little Howie!

1 comment:

  1. Kudos on all those stairs and I see the air pollution is unchanged from Brian's visits in the past.

    ReplyDelete