Saturday, October 17, 2015

China: The first 3 days

Somehow, I left China on Friday and now I have finally arrived in Zhengzhou and it is Sunday afternoon here. My internal clock is completely messed up! I want so much for it to be bedtime, but even if it was...it definitely doesn't feel like it should be Sunday night already. I am purposely not sleeping right now so that I can sleep tonight. Let me just say...bed sounds awfully nice right now.

The flights over were long but uneventful. We flew up over the North Pole and then back down to China. Today (Sunday), I met several other families who have traveled to adopt their little ones. We all rode the bullet train together from Beijing to Zhengzhou. The train was fabulous! After two days on airplanes and in airports, it was lovely to get to stretch out and enjoy the scenic drive. We rode through miles and miles of China countryside...farm after farm after farm. I watched people working their crops and herding their animals. I am thankful for the relaxing train ride.
Just outside the train station in Beijing

Train Station entrance

Escalator down to the train loading dock

View from the train

View from the train 

Where I am staying now is quite the opposite of country. I am in the middle of Zhengzhou City, horns honking below and smog covering the roof tops. In about an hour, all the families are getting together to walk to the local Walmart to get diapers, formula, and snacks for our little ones.

Tomorrow is the day I meet Laura! I will meet her on Monday morning here (Sunday night in the States). I am so excited! I praying for her heart. I hope she feels loved and safe with me. I hope we attach to one another quickly and enjoy the next couple of weeks getting to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment