I am missing William's 8th birthday during my trip to China. I cannot even begin to explain the great amount of Mama Guilt plaguing me because of this! Everyone says not to worry about, but a baby's birthday is a big deal, and he will always be my first baby. I am so sad to miss it.
We spent this past Saturday celebrating early and enjoying a weekend of sweet family moments. We drove up to the big Lego Store in Downtown Disney and he got to take his pick on the Lego sets. He was thrilled!
![]() |
| Lego Store! |
| There was great debate over which set...this one was the winner! |
| Ice cream after lunch |
| We are so happy to live so close to Aunt BB and Uncle Gino! Treats at the candy store. |
When we got home, he and Andrew sat down at the table and put together all 500 pieces in about 2 hours.
He requested a homemade birthday cake (chocolate cake with vanilla icing, "but, Mommy, can you make the icing look chocolate so we can trick everyone?")
As the days tick by, and I am now only 3 big sleeps away from flying around the world, I find I am hugging them all a bit tighter. My life is small, but I love it. I love rocking my Rachel Beth as she sucks her thumb and drifts off to sleep. I love snuggling with Jacob when he finally settles down enough for me to snuggle. I love chatting with William and Andrew, playing games with them and reading big kid books together. And of course I love having Robert here during all of it...and the few quiet moments we have in between the kids going to the bed and me going to bed. I will miss them so much! I cannot even imagine 14 days away. 14 days.
But, on the other side of the world is my daughter who has never known the love of a mommy and daddy. She has never had a home. On Monday, she will have her "birth day"...her birth into her forever family. As much as I am aching for the babies I am leaving, I am also so anxious and excited to meet our girl and bring her home to this small life we love.
| Laura Cate. I am loving that sprout of hair! |

I love your "writings" about this process as it has unfolded. Looking so forward to meeting your newest daughter and watching your family melt her right in as surely as her little heart will melt for all of you. If I don't see you before you go... safe travels to you and fair winds!
ReplyDelete