Friday, October 2, 2015

Travel Approval!

Our prayers were answered when we received Travel Approval from China the morning of September 25, just one day shy of all the holidays in China! The notice came in an email with two possible travel dates. I am leaving for China in just 14 days, on Friday October 16. I will have Laura in my arms for the first time on Monday October 19 and she will be in her forever home and with her forever family on Friday October 30.

I have been slow in posting this news because I am still having a hard time articulating the many, many emotions running through  me right now. For us, our adoption journey has been long and twisting. We have had struggles. We have had surprises...good and bad. We have had dead ends and redirection. And now, finally, finally we have this sweet daughter waiting on us and in just two weeks and two days she will be ours. Really ours. In four weeks, she will be here at home with us. She will play on the floor with Rachel (and probably fight over Mommy's lap with Rachel.) She will watch her big brothers in wonder. I am sure she will have a favorite sibling...and I wonder which one it will be. For the first time in her life, she will have toys that belong to her. There will always be food to eat when she is hungry and arms to hold her when she is sad. She will have a family. She will have a home. We feel excited and relieved that she is finally coming home soon!

I feel absolutely in awe as I look back on the past few years and how the Lord has walked with us along this long journey. I look back at big shouts and small whispers. The giant leaps and tiny steps. At the many ways He has spoken to us and encouraged us and walked with us along the way. I remember telling my sister in law during a particularly rough patch that although there was sadness, His presence was almost palpable. I felt like He was sitting next to me. Truly, He works in us for His glory and to bring us closer to Him. I can say both Robert and I have come to more fully understand the power of prayer and the reality that He does answer. For all these things, I am so thankful to the Lord who called us to this blessed journey.

As for the actual travel, I have what can only be described as peace that surpasses understanding. I will be traveling alone to China for our Laura. Because of the demands of an already large family, Robert will stay home with the children and take care of their daily needs while I am gone. I believe it is because I know he will be here with them that I feel peace in going. We thought it best that Laura bond with me first since I will be the primary caretaker once we are home.

Although I am at peace with our decision regarding who is traveling, I do feel a lot of sadness about leaving all my loves. As a stay at home mom, I literally never leave. Not for longer than a few hours anyway. So, this will be new and very different and I know I will miss Robert and all my babies like crazy while I am gone. I am thankful for cell phones and video chat and text messaging. All those things will help. However, I know when I am traveling home on the 30th, I will be aching to hold them all!

As you think of us over the next few weeks, I would ask you to pray for Robert and the children here at home. That he would have endurance and never ending patience as he fills the rolls of Mommy and Daddy for two weeks. Please pray for Laura as she goes through an incredibly hard transition. Although we love her already, we are strangers to her. She will be leaving all she knows. Pray she attaches to me in China and feels safe and loved. Please pray for a healthy and safe trip for Laura and me! And pray for this momma's heart, that the Lord will continue to reveal Himself to me as I travel alone and provide me with comfort when I am missing my family at home.

Blessed by your friendship! Thank you in advance for your prayers! Much love. xoxo

1 comment: