Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday in Zhengzhou

Today is our last day in Zhengzhou. Yesterday all of our notarized documents arrived and today we will receive Laura's passport. Tomorrow we leave early for the airport and then fly to Guangzhou. Today marks the half way point for the trip. By this time next week, we'll be home with our family!

Someone asked me if I would do this again. This trip, this process, has been trying and long and hard. However, it has been a blessing and a joy and an amazing life changing process. And, now I have sitting in my lap this darling baby girl who is learning what a Mommy is for the first time. So, yes, I would do it again in a heart beat. Will we ever do it again? I don't know. We said "no more kids" after Andrew and again after Jacob so we don't say that anymore. :) We will see what God has in store for us.

The hardest part of the trip itself has just been the loneliness without my husband and family. The rest of it has really been an honor to witness and experience. On Monday, I saw these sweet children be placed in the arms of their families. All of them were scared, shocked, grieving. Today, I can see the healing is just getting started. And all of these sweet babies have ahead of them a lifetime of hope and joy and love with their families. A future they didn't have before Monday. Truly, it is an experience that is hard to put into words. I have heard people say "Adoption does not change the world. But it does change the world for that one child." That is truth. I am thankful and honored to be here and I am so thrilled to have Laura sleeping in my lap!

Today we will pack up and get ready to move on to Guangzhou. I am excited for the new city! I am hoping for sunshine and have heard the next city is an easier place to walk around and explore, so I am eager for some freedom to do that.

Some picture of our Thursday night dinner...this girl loves to eat!



1 comment: