This morning we went for Laura's medical exam (required by the U.S. Consulate for the issuance of her visa/citizenship.) We took a bus for about half and hour to a medical clinic where she went through a physical exam and they looked over her records from the orphanage. It was a long morning. Laura was cranky (because all babies hate the doctor, let's be real.) And, I was not feeling well (I think I ate something wrong), so that made the morning seem even longer...especially the motion of the bus ride! But, we made it through and we checked that off our to-do list. We got our medical clearance and official forms to forward on to the Consulate for our interview and visa application. Laura took a long nap this afternoon and I laid next to her reading and just enjoying the quiet.
This afternoon we explored our hotel a little and even ventured outside the hotel for a quick trip to the convenience store for some extra bottled water and to a little local market where I found a silk dress for Laura's traditional photo at the end of this trip for only $7. (On the last day in China all the families get their children together for a family photo and the children are dressed in traditional Chinese silk.) I also got a great deal on a couple of souvenirs for people back at home. I have to say, the market was fun. I might have to go back before I leave.
Some pictures of us at the hotel park this afternoon...

The medical exam is interesting isn't it?! I ate something bad on our last day and felt crummy too :( I think it was something I ate at Lucy's that last night. It looks like Laura is doing great!!
ReplyDelete