Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pearl Market (Tuesday)

I am feeling much better! But, the smell of the breakfast buffet now causes my stomach to turn over, so I am avoiding it for the rest of the trip.

Tuesday is another waiting day. For families who are adopting children over the age of 2, they had to wait on TB test results. We filled the day with shopping for our family! We had a good time going to the pearl market and then shopping a little market across from our hotel.

The pearl market has pearls for about 1/5-1/4 of what they cost in the United States. I bought two pearl necklaces, one for each daughter. We will save them and give them to Rachel and Laura for high school graduation. I also bought Christmas presents for family...no details since they might be reading this blog. ;)

Here is a picture of the lady stringing Rachel and Laura's pearls:


Last night, we had a great time eating as a group at a local Cantonese restaurant. Laura loves to eat! She was happy munching on the fried rice, pork, and veggies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment